Hi,

    I just wrote a small Perl script... here it is... I am no Perl expert,
but it gets the job done...

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

# This perl script should be put in the monthly cron rotation.
# It will move the radius.log file to the archive folder and compress it

use strict;
my $day;
my $month;
my $date;
my $time;
my $timezone;
my $year;

`mv /usr/local/var/log/radius/radius.log
/usr/local/var/log/radius/archive`;
chdir "/usr/local/var/log/radius/archive";
`date > date.txt`;
@ARGV = qw# /usr/local/var/log/radius/archive/date.txt #;
while (<>) {
        chomp;
        my ($day, $month, $date, $time, $timezone, $year) = split;
        `mv /usr/local/var/log/radius/archive/radius.log
/usr/local/var/log/radius/archive/$month$year.log`;
        `gzip $month$year.log`;
        `rm -r -f date.txt`;
}

Mark Capelle - CNE5, CNE4, A+