Okay, then that explains the whole problem. Those that already have libtool/libltdl installed wouldn't need another installed. Those that don't get the one that's included with freeradius. There's no in-between...
  There is, IF you edit the 'Makefile's as I suggested.
No, I explained the problem I was having there :-)

The problem was that configure finds libltdl in its path, and utimately changes LIBLTDL to the local one (-lltdl). So by explicitly defining them and passing it to make it effectively forces make to compile/build the files in the libltdl directory.

dave

--
Dave Wreski
Corporate Manager Guardian Digital, Inc.