At 04:02 PM 11/15/2002 -0500, Gloria Chung wrote:
Hi all,
I need to add some additional, customized attributes to my radius response from the server. What do I need to do?

Here's what I've tried:
1) add my attribute in the dictionary under the Non-Protocol Attributes section of the 'dictionary' file. (also tried the section labelled "These attributes CAN go in the reply item list." where Fall-Through and Exec-Program are).
The Non-Protocol Attributes cannot be sent over the wire ( IE, in a packet
to another Radius server/client ). They are used only internally by the
server in determining how to handle a request.

If you need it to be sent over the wire, you will want to add this as
a Vendor-Specific Attribute. Adding it to the 'dictionary.freeradius'
is probably your best bet. Note that wherever you are sending the
attribute to will need to have a similar entry in it's dictionary
configuration.

-Chris
--
\\\|||/// \ StarNet Inc. \ Chris Parker
\ ~ ~ / \ WX *is* Wireless! \ Director, Engineering
\ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net