18-Nov-02 at 09:22, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
> ** Your attention is drawn to the note at the end of this message. **

** Disclaimers have no place on mailing lists **

> Dear All,
>
> I manage to get Freeradius 0.7 to work with OpenLDAP 2.1.4. Luckily, I can
> start radiusd in debug mode (radiusd -X) and everything is working fine.
> The server can authenticate users stored in LDAP server. There is no error
> message in log file. However, when I start the server in daemon mode
> (radiusd), the server exit immediately and an error message like the
> following is found in the log.
>
> ERROR: MASTER EXIT  ON SIGNAL (11)
>
> I suspect the problem is due to dynamic library link and so I re-compiled
> freeradiusd with "disable-shared" but I still have the same problem.

I had this error in the opposite sense: it would work as a daemon but
not in debug: what port are you running the server on?

You will probably be best off upgrading to a nightly CVS snapshot /
latest CVS, because bugs like this are probably resolved already.

--
|-Simon White, Internet Services Manager, Certified Check Point CCSA.
|-MTDS  Internet, Security, Anti-Virus, Linux and Hosting Solutions.