This is basically the same text as in the congdon ID.

> > I think the critical point is that the rlm_eap_tls module should
> > verify that the User-Name, that is used for authorization,
> corresponds
> > to the client certificate used for authentication. It looks like it
> > doesn't do this currently.
>
> spontaneously, i would agree with that but we should
> definitely verify
> it for the case of proxying. Notably the stripping of realms could
> provoke enormous problems here, don't you think? (since the realms
> syntax is completely free, this includes every modification
> of User-Name
> whatsoever).

I'm not quite sure I understand what the problem is. I would say that the rlm_eap_tls
module has to check that the User-Name/EAP-Identity corresponds to the client
certificate (this is a SHOULD in RFC 2716). Otherwise there is little point in
authorizing at all.

> additionally, the "Alternatively...." part of the citation
> above could
> be a problem, too.

I don't really think it makes sense to use EAP-TLS with Service-Type = Call Check, so
I'm not sure this is a problem.

> nothing to do with the topic, but since everybody is talking
> about this
> draft: after all it's still a draft, and perhaps it will
> never become an
> RFC, what do you think?
>
> we have to follow the 802.1X norm. and also here i have some doubts
> about the proxying.

I don't think there are any contradictions between Std 802.1X and the congdon ID.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html