A quick update. At first I ran configure with --disable-shared to force a static link. If I take that out and use a dynamic link (and set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH) it works fine. For some reason, the static link must not be picking up everything it needs. Is there something else I need to do for a static link?

Dave

Dave Mason wrote:

Hi,
In my radiusd.conf, I turn on eap in the authorize and authenticate modules. My eap module looks like this (with comments left out):

eap {
default_eap_type = sim
md5 {
}
sim {
}
}

Other than that, it's the same as the original from the distribution. This worked fine in freeRadius 0.7.1 and the 11/14 CVS snapshot. Today I moved my code to v0.8 and ran configure, make, and make install the same way as before. However, now I get this (when running with -X):

Module loaded: eap
eap: default_eap_type = "sim"
eap: timer_expire = 60
rlm_eap: Failed to link EAP-Type/md5: File not found
radiusd.conf[572]: eap: Module instantiation failed.

Line 572 is the start of my eap{} block above. I ran a debugger and found that on line 103 of eap.c, the argument auth_type_name to lt_dlopenext is "rlm_eap_md5" as you would expect. I compared my old and new installation and can't find anything missing. Any ideas?

Regards,
Dave