hi paul

> I mean supplicants with non-cisco cards like D-Link, Linksys, etc...

usually a card should work provided there are some recent drivers and
you have the recent firmware installed. since EAPoL adds a new SNAP, you
do need some support for it, it doesn't work automatically.

> So from what i see it does work with XP.

yepp.

> What about win98/2000/Me ? I know MS has a 802.1x client fro those
> but has anyone tried it yet ?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/evaluation/news/bulletins/8021xclient.asp

for now, this one only works with 2000, which doesn't surprise me,
because you need the whole certificate database treatment in order to
provide TLS support, e.g., so in 2000 it's pretty much the same and
should work without any problems (i didn't try it though, but it's
basically the same piece of software as in XP). for 98, ME, etc. i
wonder when it will come out.

ciao
artur

--