How do you forge the alive packet in cisco? Could someone please give me
the commands? Appreciated.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Lixfeld [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, 24 November 2002 3:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Usage (Traffic) Based RADIUS Accounting Question

>   That's what "alive" packets are for.  They're "interim update"
> messages which tell you the accounting status while the user is logged
> in.

Yeah, I discovered those as I read on about Cisco's aaa implementation.
I've turned them on and just need to figure out if they interact
properly with the defacto SQL back end.

>   It's bad.  If the NAS doesn't send alive packets, then you can forge
> them.  But *don't* forge stop packets.

Luckily my NAS does support them, so looks like problem solved lest any
problems with the sql side of FR.

>   Alan DeKok.
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Regards,

Jason A. Lixfeld                        Fastvibe Corporation
Senior IP Network Engineer              220-156 Front St. W
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   Toronto, ON M5V-2L6