Hi, firstly thanks your quick response.  :-)
----- Original Message -----
From: "3APA3A" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Sarick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 6:50 PM
Subject: Re[2]: Problem: authenticate with /etc/passwd users

> Dear Sarick,
>
> In  your case problem is you try to use crypyted passwords with EAP/md5.
> For EAP/md5 you need cleartext password.

So, what should I do if I want to use the crypted passwords?
Should I make the rlm_passwd module?
How should I config it?
My ambition is to make a 802.1x authentication. Authentication messages from
authenticating
supplicant (client)  be in EAP format (I use /EAP-MD5).
And user-names and user-passwords can be derived from the /etc/passwd file.
Therefore, I don't have to maintain
the ./raddb/users file too constantly.
Below is my radiusd.conf for EAP section:--------------
        #  For all EAP related authentications
        eap {
                # Invoke the default supported EAP type when
                # EAP-Identity response is received
                        default_eap_type = md5

                # Default expiry time to clean the EAP list,
                # It is maintained to co-relate the
                # EAP-response for each EAP-request sent.
                        timer_expire     = 60

                # Supported EAP-types
                md5 {
                }
                #....................Skip
                ## EAP-TLS is highly experimental EAP-Type at the moment.
                #       Please give feedback on the mailing list.
                #tls {
                #       private_key_password = password
                #       private_key_file = /path/filename

        mschap {
                # Location of the SAMBA passwd file
                #       passwd = /etc/smbpasswd

                # authtype value, if present, will be used
                # to overwrite (or add) Auth-Type during
                # authorization. Normally should be MS-CHAP
                authtype = MS-CHAP

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html