On 25 Nov 2002, at 12:04, Maurizio Martinoli wrote:

From:                   "Maurizio Martinoli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                R: R: R: R: system architecture
        <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=subscribe>
        <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe>
Date sent:              Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:04:23 +0100

> i am only talking about the authentication, i am not talking
> about the transferred data, don't worry. If the AP works just as
> a HUB what kind of machine should i have between the AP and the
> RADIUS?
hbh>>
At min...
If the AP is local to the Radius Server, i.e., on the same LAN,
then a HUB or Switch.

If remote, then a Router or wireless gateway to some
infrastructure (RF/T1 etc), to physical location of Radius.

More complex topologies will include a FW between the AP and
Radius

bernie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]