Alan,

At 11:38 PM 11/27/2002 +1100, you wrote:
Dear all,

I have just installed radius 0.8 on my redhat 7.2 box. Being a total newbie I just wanted to know two things...

1) Firstly how do I add new users and then without restarting make radius reread the users file? Is there a configuration switch to allow me to do that? If it isnt possible, can i set up a database and do it that way? I just need to know how to dynamically add new users without restarting the radius server.
Yes, you will need to use a database.

2) Is it possible for radius to also send back a string (password) back to the client instead of just accept-accept. Or will I have to set up another machine or program to do that?
I am a little unsure of what you mean here, but I think you are referring to the use of a Reply-Message attribute that can be added to the user's profile to send back a string with your Access-Accept packet.

Chris