Dear 3APA3A,

Apologies if I am being a bit dim here!

Does this mean that I can authenticate MSCHAP against a remote SMB
server (using rlm_smb), and authorise them using, for example, an DBMS?

I take it that rlm_smb will not provide MPPE keys, only rlm_mschap?

thanks josh.

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 15:52, 3APA3A wrote:
> Dear Josh Howlett,
>
> No. rlm_smb is authentication module, not authorization one. You can use
> either rlm_mschap or rlm_smb.
>
> --Wednesday, November 27, 2002, 6:46:43 PM, you wrote to [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>
> JH> Does that include rlm_smb?
>
> JH> thanks, josh.
>
> JH> On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 15:34, 3APA3A wrote:
> >> Dear Josh Howlett,
> >>
> >> You  can  use  mschap  authentication  module  in  conjunction  with any
> >> authorization module (for example sql or dbm). All you need is cleartext
> >> or  NT-crypted password to be accessable. So you can use almost any DBMS
> >> (Oracle,  MySQL,  PostgreSQL,  MS  SQL,  DB2,  Sybase,  etc), LDAP, text
> >> password file format, DBM file format, and users file.
> >>
> >> --Wednesday, November 27, 2002, 5:21:26 PM, you wrote to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> >> --
> >> ~/ZARAZA
> >> Ms ` b veknl, Shk|l, gdexmhi jkhl`r - efekh rnk|jn
> >> }rn lnfmn m`gb`r| jkhl`rnl, bonkme qmnqm{i. (Rbem)
> >>

> --
> ~/ZARAZA
> Ohxhre eye. H eqkh b b`xei oerhvhh hlekq j`jni-mhasd|
> ql{qk, rn, me qreqmq|, p`gzqmhre b wel dekn. (Rbem)

Josh Howlett, Networking & Digital Communications,
Information Systems & Computing, University of Bristol, U.K.
'phone: 0117 928 7850 email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]