Jim:

Just to verify that we are at the same page.

IEEE 802.11i standard uses 802.1x to achieve:

1. Mutual authentication between the client(supplicant) and the network.

2. Key management.

Now, 802.1x provides a mechanism for transmiting global key information, however,

it doesn't specify when or for what reason such information is transmitted. This is

where 802.11i standard comes into play: it defines two handshakes: pairwise

key and group key. These handshakes are used to set & transmit unicast and

broadcast keys.

Coming back to your email, "an interface to freeradius for 802.11i". To support

802.11i, you can use www.open1x.org open source code which does the 802.1x

functionality. On top of this, we would be needing a layer of "key management"

which would almost complete the 802.11i draft implementation.

Do you agree?

Regards,

Nikhil.

 Jim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Nikhil,

I am interested in 802.11i and freeradius also.
I honestly don't know much about freeradius.
I posted a few weeks ago about an interface to
freeradius for 802.11i, but did not get much responce.
I would think there is some one out there that atlest
is thinking about 802.11i, or WPA.

I been eyeing the new Linksys 802.11g products, and would
like to know of a way to set them up with freeradius and
use 802.11i or WPA for access controll. With the ability
for the clients bridge to connect automaticaly, with out
the need to log in with a browser or other software.

Maybe there is already open source out there to do this,
but if there is, I don't know about it.

Jim Martz,