19-Dec-02 at 16:01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
> 19-Dec-02 at 14:42, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm using a sun sparc with freeradius 0.7.1 server in md5 authentication.
> >
> > I'd like to know where I must store user's username and password in
> > this server to make the right procedure for setup authentication
> > mechanism. Maybe in "users" file?
>
> Yes, the users file is a good start. Try debugging with nothing complex
> at all, then start playing with configs.
>
> You can only put plaintext passwords in the users file AFAIK, for md5
> use PAM authentication / Auth-Type System
>

> Thanks Simon for yor help, but I'm moving first steps in the world of this kind of
>server. So could you explain what do you mean when you say "Try debugging with
>nothing complex
> at all, then start playing with configs." ?
> And where is the users file AFAIK ?

AFAIK = As Far As I Know :)

What I mean is read through the simple setup docs, and test this first.
Get the server working with the minimum, default configuration.

When reading the docs pay particular attention to "Auth Type System"
because this is probably what you want to use (the system MD5 passwords)

Regards,

The last thing Simon,
where is the doc "Auth Type System"? I can't find it.

thank you very much for your patience.
--
|-Simon White, Internet Services Manager, Certified Check Point CCSA.
|-MTDS  Internet, Security, Anti-Virus, Linux and Hosting Solutions.