I am a new user to freeradius, and the mailing-list.

Greetings everyone

I have compiled and installed the latest version of freeradius on an
updates RH7.1 box.  MYSql was already installed since I use it allot.

If i do a radtest and watch the MySql logs it never shows the radius
ever trying to talk to the MySql.  I include the module name in the
radiusd.conf file as instructed.  The databse is there, as well as the
tables and everything (via the MySql Schema).  But even if that was the
problem then MySql would simply log an error about a bad request being
made.  But I see nothing.

I can't seem to find anything tell me what to do with it, I pick through
makefiles to findout what was what and figured out the db structure, by
I guess it isn't using it.

Hmmmm, wait a minute....isn't there something in the user.txt file that
should point it over to the sql????

--
robert canary
system services