Dear Chris Knipe,

Set Auth-Type to PAP, add chap module to authorize section and make sure
you have

chap {
        authtype = CHAP
}

in  module  configuration.  In  this case default authentication will be
PAP,  but  if CHAP-Password attribute will be found in request Auth-Type
will be changed to CHAP during authorization. This behavior is explained
in  doc/rlm_mschap  for  MS-CHAP authentication which is very similar to
CHAP.

--Thursday, January 9, 2003, 6:47:32 AM, you wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

CK> Lo everyone,

CK> I think I have a little bit of a problem (or maybe not)...

CK> I want to use PAP and CHAP authentication... Basically, a user should be
CK> able to authenticate using PAP or CHAP... I've created a group attribute
CK> request (Auth-Type := PAP as well as Auth-Type := CHAP).  However,
CK> Freeradius only takes the first one it gets from the database (PAP), and
CK> disregards the CHAP.

CK> I know this is stupid, but I am presuming that Auth-Type is sent from the
CK> NAS to the Radius server in any case?  How can do I get freeradius to accept
CK> both password types?  My PAP is stored cleartext to make it compatible with
CK> CHAP, and when I manually remove PAP for CHAP I can authenticate using both
CK> types... Right now though, I don't really see a way how I can use both at
CK> the same time on the same accounts?

CK> --
CK> me

CK> -

~/ZARAZA
Стреляя во второй раз, он искалечил постороннего. Посторонним был я. (Твен)