Markus

Just did it with Freeradius.

The only trick is the bs450 requires the user be authorized as
"Administrative user"

Cistron should also work, as the telnet access is simple RADIUS, as does Merit, Livingston, and almost any other.

I used the UNIX authentication

/etc/raddb/users.conf:

DEFAULT Auth-Type := System
Service-Type = Administrative-User,
Fall-Through = 1

clients.conf: (192.168.17.247 is the bs450)

client 192.168.17.247 {
secret = bay
shortname = bs450_1
nastype = other

}

the bs450 you simply set the radius server to the radius server IP,
shared secret the same on both. You should now log into the bs450 as any
valid UNIX user.

Note there are some radius relative fixes in some of the lastest software, recommend 4.2.0.16 or later.

Let me know if you need further information.

Best regards

Markus Sleziona wrote:
Hello,

i'm looking for radius configuration working with a Nortel BayStack 450. Could't work?

Did anybody tried with Cistron Radius 1.6.x ?? Who can help me ?

Thanks a lot !!

--
Shawn Adams
[EMAIL PROTECTED]