I got the radius server talking to the sql database finally (thanks Nick). I
now have another question.

I need this radius server to authenticate / authorize (still a little hazy
on the difference) console and ssh access to 10 workstations. The requests
would come in to the workstation, get routed to the server via a pam module,
hit the freeradius server, verify the username and password in the database,
and let the person on if their info is correct. First question, is this
possible?

I just got done reading about the differences between authorization and
authentication, and from what I gather, freeradius can't do authentication
to an SQL database. Is that correct? Ideally, what I would like, is to have
a database holding all the usernames and passwords (holding in clear text,
but transmitting encrypted, if that matters). Can I do that with freeradius?

Shannon

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html