I have downloaded the actual freeradius sources and wanted to make use of ippools. The module is still experimental(?)
and so I configured fr with
./configure --with-experimental-modules

From raddb/experimental.conf:
# Do server side ip pool management. Should be added in post-auth and
# accounting sections.
As the distributed radiusd.conf contains an entry #main_pool in the post-auth section, I uncommented it. In the
accounting section I added main_pool.

I appended the following to radiusd.conf:

ippool main_pool {
session-db = /usr/local/etc/raddb/ippool-sess-db
ip-index = /usr/local/etc/raddb/ippool-idx-db
range-start = 192.168.100.20
range-stop = 192.168.100.40
}

Starting radius with -X gives the following error message: ERROR: Cannot find a configuration entry for module "main_pool"

Supposed I misunderstand the documentation, I changed the entries in the accounting and post-auth section to ippool.
What changed was the error message:
ERROR: Cannot find a configuration entry for module "ippool"

What am I doing wrong and/or where can I find more documentation about this
Norbert

--
Norbert Wegener Phone:(49)2012661379 Fax:(49)2012661377
SBS Essen,Germany Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mailfax:(49)2018165521379