On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, David De Maeyer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am quite new to Radius. I installed FreeRadius 0.8.1 and
> it runs fine. We have some local users in the users file, other
> users are authenticated via our LDAP server. As far I can see
> we only need to bind to the LDAP server to authenticate them
> but it seems the rlm_ldap module first search for the users.
> In our case we have some users which are not searchable.
>
> That means the authentication fails. rlm_ldap first search for
> the user but can't find it.
>
> Is therefore possible to only bind to the LDAP server without
> searching for the users?

You have to first find the user dn.

Anyway you could create a Ldap-UserDn attribute by use of the attr_rewrite
module, add it in the config attribute list and it should work.
Something like:

attribute = Ldap-UserDn
replacewith = "uid=%{User-Name},ou=people,dc=company,dc=com"
new_attribute = yes

authorize{
        [...]
        attr_rewrite
}

--
Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      National Technical University of Athens, Greece