23-Jan-03 at 13:19, Joost Hietbrink ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
> Yeah, I've read up to realms :). But this would mean I have to let NASes or
> their users put some kind of @thisissomedatabasetableidentifier at the end
> of their username wouldn't it? Or can I add this automaticly by putting
> something in the clients.conf file? And put some check in the 'authorize'
> and 'accounting' section so it would select sql1 or sql2 or sql3 (all
> different databases) to use?

Maybe this?

        #  rewrite arbitrary packets.  Useful in accounting and
        #  authorization.
        ## FIXME:  This is highly experimental at the moment.  Please
give
        ## feedback.
        #attr_rewrite sanecallerid {
        #       attribute = Called-Station-Id
                # may be "packet", "reply", or "config"
        #       searchin = packet
        #       searchfor = "[+ ]"
        #       replacewith = ""
        #       ignore_case = no
        #       max_matches = 10
        #}

I don't know how it works, but perhaps you could use it to add a realm
to each NAS by comparing the attribute for NAS ID and then changing
username (I'm clutching at straws, really).

Maybe the NAS can add the domain?

--
|-Simon White, Internet Services Manager, Certified Check Point CCSA.
|-MTDS  Internet, Security, Anti-Virus, Linux and Hosting Solutions.