I've been using Freeradius with the users file without any problems for a while now.

I've decided to upgrade to using MySQL to maintain the users/accounting database

I've tried building freeradius using the following ./configure without any luck.

./configure --with-rlm-mysql-lib-dir=/usr/local/mysql/lib/
--with-rlm-mysql-include-dir=/usr/local/mysql/include/

and

./configure --with-mysql-lib-dir=/usr/local/mysql/lib/
--with-mysql-include-dir=/usr/local/mysql/include/

I'm using freeradius.0.8.1 & MySQL 3.23.54

after doing a "make" looking in :

src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_mysql

no object files are being generated although a Makefile is created

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could point me at a how-to to
resolve this issue. As I know that its something that I'm not doing right -
just can't figure out what it is.

Thanks in advance

John Zurowski