Hello List,

        I have looked through quite a bit of the archives and did not see
anything along this question.   I currently have Freeradius running
perfectly as a proxy system. The accounting data is saved to a file and
forwarded to the actual auth server. No problems there. I also have another
log file (detail.log) that contains lines similar to this:

Wed Jan 29 17:23:02 2003 : Auth: Login OK: [[EMAIL PROTECTED]/] (from
client rad2.cisp.proxy port 16928 cli 4193558974)
Wed Jan 29 17:23:04 2003 : Auth: Login incorrect (Home Server says so):
[[EMAIL PROTECTED]/] (from client rad1.cisp.proxy port 17871 cli
4195882771)
(some wrapping may have occured).

        I am currently trying to get FreeRadius to log everything to a MySQL
server (for testing then to a MSSQL server). The accounting data (start &
stop packets... etc) are making it into the MySQL database just fine. The
problem lies in the fact that I can not find any way to log the information
that goes into detail.log to a MySQL database. We are looking for the
ability to rapidly search through our users login attempts during a certain
date range or even the current date to see #1 if we receive the auth
request, #2 if their password is correct, and #3 was it ok. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. Please reply both on-list and off.

Brandon Lehmann  CCNA, CFOT, A+
Network Co-Administrator
Networld Online Inc.
WorldTeq Group Intl