"David Wise" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am setting up dial up accounts and email.  I am looking at RADIUS to
> handle AAA.
> Is this a recommended setup?
>
> {
> Install Redhat Linux on a i386 box as a Mail Server (sendmail)
> create user accounts for email only.
> install FreeRADIUS Server on email server.
> in the clients.conf file, include the names of users that can use dial up
> (Master accounts of users w/Multi Emails)

  No, that goes in another configuration file.

> The only thing is I wanted to keep all AAA info in MySQL for easier record
> keeping. I don't see how you can have an account for mail but not Dialup as
> well if you use RADIUS ( I have the O'Riely book on RADIUS, but could not
> find it in there).

  The RADIUS request sent by the mail system SHOULD be different from
the RADIUS request sent by the RAS box.  You can key on those
differences to generate different responses.

  Read the FAQ.  Put the users into two different groups.

> Secondly.... does anyone know of a way to use MySQL or other product to do
> email.... especially if you have multiple domainnames that you want your
> email to reflect which web site it came from?

  MySQL is a database.  It doesn't do email.

> In RedHat 7.1 I used
> linuxconf to set up virtual email domains, I haven't noticed any other good
> solutions but don't know if it is compatible with RADIUS.

  I doubt that any will be.  You will have to edit configuration files.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html