Just to add:

The only method I can see is to launch an external-executable script/prog. (on authentication) to check if timeframe exceeded.

Just wondering if there's a tidier way ?

From: "john zurowski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: limiting users to a time frame/window
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 17:06:27 +0000

Using Freeradius 0.8.1 with mySQL for auth+acct.

This might be more of a general radius question.

Is there a way to limit a users account to a fixed period i.e. 24hrs from first successful authentication request ?

I'm trying to setup a demo. environment that would allow a user to use a temporary account for a fixed time period e.g. 24hr. Note: The clock should start ticking only once the 1st successfull authentication takes place.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

john Zurowski