Let me be the first to point out that Cistron and FreeRadius
are completely different systems. This is the FreeRadius list -
not the cistron list.

Maximum number of SUBSCRIBERS is  dependent upon:
        how many requests per peak minute/hour/whatever
        processing power/system architecture/etc
        how you store your user data

In other words, your mileage may vary and there are no magic
answers to this question for FreeRadis or any other software.

But the system is damn efficient, especially running a datbase
behind it if you have a large subscribers. I would bet somebody
on here is running in excess of 100K subscribers.

Tim

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html