Dave Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Good point, I'll back up a little.  The EAP type I'm working on is
> EAP-SIM, currently in draft state.  After EAP/Response/Identity I send
> EAP/Request/SIM/Start, and the client returns EAP/Response/SIM/Start.
>  My next step is to send EAP/Request/SIM/Challenge, but first I need to
> get a configurable amount of authentication data from an HLR.  That is,
> rlm_eap_sim needs to know how much data to ask for.

  OK..

> At first I thought I needed to allow the amount of data to be
> configured per client realm (my first question earlier), but after
> doing some more homework it's probably OK to configure it per node
> (my second question).  I'm still curious if it's possible to add new
> config parameters to a client entry in clients.conf.

  It's always possible, but I would take care to ensure it's done only
when necessary.

  The issue with putting module-specific configuration into the
'clients.conf' file is that conflicts may arise.  e.g. Two EAP-SIM
modules may be used at the same time... how do you tell them apart?

  It would probably be better to have the EAP-SIM module configuration
take a list of IP/netmasks, and response sizes.  That would keep the
EAP-SIM configuration in one place, and easy to manage.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html