18-Feb-03 at 19:01, Darren Nay ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
> Hey all,
>
> Just a quick question.  I have a problem and I'm not exactly sure on the
> solution.
>
> We have a customer who uses a realm prefix <realm>/<username>.  However, one
> of our network providers is unable to support this prefix.
>
> What I am wondering is if it's possible to have the realm loaded as the
> usual <user>@<realm> format and then somehow re-write the auth request on
> our proxy to <realm>/<user> for the radius to authenticate.
>
> Can this be done on FreeRadius?
>
> If anyone has any ideas I would very much appreciate some input.  Thanks!!

Freeradius supports multiple realm delimiters.

There is some experimental support for rewriting arbitrary packets (so
you could replace realm delimiters)

I reckon you could do this, but I don't need that functionality and
cannot test it, so you're kinda on your own... :(

Freeradius is very flexible, but it's main bug is a little like it says
on the cdrecord manpage:

BUGS
       Cdrecord has even more options than ls.

Freeradius has a LOT of options. It seems some people cannot read beyond
about three switches or two 80x25 screenfuls of docs. YMMV

;-)

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. [EMAIL PROTECTED] Folding@home no log script yet...]
Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and