From: Alan DeKok [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 11:06
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Bug in proxy.c

"Walter Stroebel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At line 288 in the 0.8.1 version in /src/main/proxy.c
> CHAP-CHALLENGE attribute is forwarded as PW_TYPE_STRING.
> This should be PW_TYPE_ABINARY.

  Huh?  No.  Absolutely not.

> I've checked the version currently in CVS and the bug is still there.

  Why is it a bug?  What problem does it create?

  If you would read the RFC's, the documentation, and the source code,
you would realize:

a) PW_TYPE_ABINARY is only for Ascend's stupid filter attributes
b) The CHAP-Challenge type is of type 'string'
c) the attribute type is ONLY internal to the server, and NEVER
   is sent in a RADIUS packet.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html