I think there are some previous threads on the subject of using a load
balancer. The best thing to do is not use a load balancer, as it creates
a single point of failure.  Better to use the multiple radius server
parameters built into most NASes.

I use 1 sql server per FR - running on the same server.  This is very
simple which suits me fine.  Use at least 2 FR servers.  For max reliability
they should each be mulit-homed or, better yet, diversely located in
different locations on different upstream providers.

There are a variety of ways to replicate the data between them.  The best
(IMHO) is probably to have a master sql database (maybe on your provisioning
system) and replicate it out to the radius servers.