I was doing some research here, and the problems I saw seemed to be related to the order of the linking of libraries. The solaris linker is particular about order the "-l" arguments on the command line. It only goes though a library looking for unresolved symbols once, and this is only at the time that it gets to it on the command line. Since libldap references stuff in liblber if -llber is passed to cc before -lldap the compile doesn't work, and hence the configure doesn't work. I had to mess with the configure script to get this order reversed, and then passing "--with-rlm-ldap" args at the top level worked for the configure. I then had trouble building it later (I think for the same reason) but I got distracted with some other problems and haven't gotten back to it to finish the build...

/marc

On Friday, February 21, 2003, at 08:28 AM, Brian Leung wrote:

i have tried.....but seems the rlm_ldap still failed although i pass it in
the 1st time configure
so i separate the step to do

Brian
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kostas Kalevras" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "radius" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 11:47 PM
Subject: Re: rlm_ldap in solaris

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Brian Leung wrote:

Today, i finally compile the ldap module of freeradius in solaris
platform successfully.
I hope the following steps can help:

1. install openssl in to /usr/local
cd /usr/local/src/openssl
./config --prefix=/usr/local
2. install openldap into /usr/local/openldap
3. install freeradius
cd /usr/local/src/freeradius
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/radiusd
Note: in this stage, you will still find that the rlm_ldap can't be
compiled successfully, but don't give up
4. compile the freeradius ldap module now
cd /usr/local/src/freeradius/src/modules/rlm_ldap

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/radiusd --with-rlm-ldap-lib-dir=/usr/local/o
penldap/lib --with-rlm-ldap-include-dir=/usr/loca/openldap=include
you will find that you should not have any "Failure" appear
make
make install
5. Finally, you will find the rlm_ldap lib will go to
/usr/local/radiusd/lib

Brian

Sorry but why don't you just pass the --with-rlm-ldap* options in the
first
configure run?

--
Kostas Kalevras Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED] National Technical University of Athens, Greece

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html