Hi chris/simon

 Thanks for the response, let me make myself clear.

 This is what i want to do.

 Iam working on a wireless project and i want to enforce policy based
 authentication.

 I want the RADIUS to interact with this application before it can
authenticate
 a user.

 This application will determine the policy for authentication.

 E.g: To authenticate a NAS or authenticate a request coming from a uid from a
 particular NAS etc..

 I understand about opening the socket connection and adhering to the RFC's
but
 i dont know if i can make the RADIUS to import authentication details before
 it actually authenticates.

 Because ultimately it is the RADIUS which will authenticate.

 Hope this is clear. Any suggestion will be a great help to me.

 Thanks a lot
 Narasimha ([EMAIL PROTECTED])