Greetings,

I wrote in a while back about garbage in our logs from our routers. The
terminal servers are logging in to the device causing this garbage to show up
in the radius logs. For example:

Fri Feb 28 13:16:38 2003 : Auth: Login incorrect: [5)55)AiMM]=Ii] (from client
network-backbone port 1)
Fri Feb 28 13:16:38 2003 : Auth: Login incorrect: [9Q%] (from client
network-backbone port 1)
Fri Feb 28 13:16:38 2003 : Auth: Login incorrect: [ap-vxr#] (from client
corporate-network port 11)

So this is a known issue with the terminal servers logging in to the devices.
Our network engineers are aware of this problem but do not know how to fix
it.

My question is, would this sort of constant stream of garbage hitting our
RADIUS server cause freeradius to just die with no warning or errors? This is
what happens and I cannot seem to find a reason why. The process just seems
to die at random. We're running 0.8.1.

Also, if anyone has any pointers on fixing this issue with all Cisco equipment
please let me know.

Thanks.

--
Brendon Colby