yes I also think there's something wrong in the configuration. I put in attach my
authorize/authenticate section configuration. Where do you think I'm getting wrong??

Thank you very much for your help!!
emi

hi

comments inline.

> I'm trying to authenticate a client with EAP-MD5. I followed directives coming from
> the link
>
> http://www.freeradius.org/doc/EAP-MD5.html,  but I have some problems. In attach is
> reported the output of radiusd -X. Could someone give a little look to it and help
> me to understand the meaning of those messages? I don't understand for example why
> there are message related to rlm_chap whereas rlm_eap is not mentioned.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> emi

i think that your authenticate/authorize sections are not properly
configured since the eap module is not involved in request processing.

check the configuration.

ciao
artur

--
Artur Hecker
Département Informatique et Réseaux, ENST Paris

modules {...
        # Extensible Authentication Protocol
        #
        #  For all EAP related authentications
        eap {
                # Invoke the default supported EAP type when
                # EAP-Identity response is received
                #       default_eap_type = md5

                # Default expiry time to clean the EAP list,
                # It is maintained to co-relate the
                # EAP-response for each EAP-request sent.
                #       timer_expire     = 60

                # Supported EAP-types

                    default_eap_type=md5
                    md5 {
                }

authorize {
        #
        #  The preprocess module takes care of sanitizing some bizarre
        #  attributes in the request, and turning them into attributes
        #  which are more standard.
        #
        #  It takes care of processing the 'raddb/hints' and the
        #  'raddb/huntgroups' files.
        #
        #  It also adds a Client-IP-Address attribute to the request.
        preprocess

        #
        #  The chap module will set 'Auth-Type := CHAP' if we are
        #  handling a CHAP request and Auth-Type has not already been set
        chap

        #
        #  If the users are logging in with an MS-CHAP-Challenge
        #  attribute for authentication, the mschap module will find
        #  the MS-CHAP-Challenge attribute, and add 'Auth-Type := MS-CHAP'
        #  to the request, which will cause the server to then use
        #  the mschap module for authentication.
        mschap

        counter
        attr_filter

        eap

        suffix
        files
        etc_smbpasswd

# The ldap module will set Auth-Type to LDAP if it has not already been set
        ldap
}

authenticate {
          #
        #  PAP authentication, when a back-end database listed
        #  in the 'authorize' section supplies a password.  The
        #  password can be clear-text, or encrypted.
        authtype PAP {
                pap
        }

        #
        #  Most people want CHAP authentication
        #  A back-end database listed in the 'authorize' section
        #  MUST supply a CLEAR TEXT password.  Encrypted passwords
        #  won't work.
        authtype CHAP {
                chap
        }

        #
        #  MSCHAP authentication.
        authtype MS-CHAP {
                mschap
        }

        pam

        #
        #  See 'man getpwent' for information on how the 'unix'
        #  module checks the users password.  Note that packets
        #  containing CHAP-Password attributes CANNOT be authenticated
        #  against /etc/passwd!  See the FAQ for details.
        #
        unix

        # Uncomment it if you want to use ldap for authentication
        authtype LDAP {
                ldap
        }

        eap