On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Kristina Pfaff-Harris wrote:

> Okay, this is really bizarre. After awhile, Simultaneous-Use just stops
> working and lets people log on more than once. (I haven't figured out how
> long "awhile" is at the moment. Definitely overnight, possibly a couple of
> hours.)  At that point, it seems to stop running checkrad -- at least,
> there's not the usual delay while checkrad checks if someone is logged on:
> authorization happens almost instantly.
>
> Restarting the server makes it work again.

Possible hint: it occurs to me that if the server can't check the database
(I'm using sql for sessions), it will possibly never actually run
checkrad?  Our MySQL server is pretty loaded, so I'm wondering if maybe
the server just can't connect to check the users online db. Can anyone
tell me where to look for a timeout of this kind? (rlm_sql_mysql?
Somewhere else?)  Or am I totally off-base here? :-)

Thanks for any hints.

K.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html