Hello all,

I have a couple of maybe OT questions on certificates (And I am relatively new to certificates and stuff...)

Thanks to the EAP/TLS Howto, I was able to setup the radius server and get all the authentification I needed going.
Now the script, which creates the root certificate, generates root.pem with a lifetime of 30 days.
After that authentification doesn't work, OK. Last month I recreated everything. That's a pain...

- How can I extend them? Reuse them? What's the deal?

The second issue I have, is creating a secondary server as a backup.

I have the second box, with software up and running.

But again, the certificates:
- My first attempt - just copying them - didn't work. OK, just a try.
- Second, since the certs are tied to hostname, I recreated them - guess what...

Anybody, who could give me some instructions on these.

Thanks a lot!

Tom

P.S. If this is too OT, please ignore.

--