Would it be possible to let me look at your config?  Maybe a sample user
from your database?  (No user id's/passwords/ip addresses of course)

Scott Mace
Network Administrator
TravelCenters of America
24601 Center Ridge Rd.
Westlake, OH 44145
440-808-4318

Pablo Veliz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
03/21/2003 07:29 PM
Please respond to freeradius-users

        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: MySQL Authentication

El Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:31:16 -0500
[EMAIL PROTECTED] escribió:

> I've seen quite a few messages in the archives regarding different
issues
> with MySQL authentication.  I can get nothing to work.  I tried this
> patch,
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg12306.html
> and this patch,
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg14684.html
> (which wouldn't apply properly, I'm no programmer) and I still can't get

> MySQL authentication to work.  I used the instructions here:
> http://www.frontios.com/freeradius.html and got authentication working
> just fine with using the users file.  I can get accounting info into my
> database, but the rlm_mysql doesn't seem to be connecting to the db at
> all, which indicates the port issue described in the second patch thread
> listed.

I don't know how to help you, but I can tell you that I installed
freeRadius 0.8.1 in Mandrake 9.0
and I have it working without problem right now. I use only mysql for auth
and acct, maybe my radius.conf can give you a clue.
I must say that my "users" file is empty.

I'm planning to move this to a RH7.0 server or maybe a RH8.0

--
Pablo Veliz