Dave Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1. This may be an easy one but it may be relevant to the next one, so
> I'll ask to be sure.  For now, we only want one thread  to service all
> client requests.

  I'm not sure why it would matter.

>  Should I run configure with "--with-threads=no", or should I leave
> threads in the build and change the thread pool settings in
> radiusd.conf to use start_servers = 1, max_servers = 1, and min and
> max_spare_servers = 0?

  Both will work.

> 2. We have a framework that's derived from ACE that we use for our
> inter-subsystem communication.  We would like to use this mechanism for
> freeradius communication with the backend.  We believe we can define
> some extern "C" accessor functions for freeradius, and leave the C++
> under the hood.  Here's the question:  This interface defines its own
> threads for managing the data flow through the socket.  These are posix
> threads and use the same lpthread library that freeradius does.  If we
> link this stuff into freeradius, will it clash somehow?

  It shouldn't.  If the software is written correctly, all of the
thread management is done based on a data structure, and not on a
'master' thread.  So long as the library is initialized, handled, and
deleted, all based on that data structure, having multiple threads
shouldn't cause much of a problem.

>  Would using these other threads prevent me from setting
> "--with-threads=no" above?

  No, but you might have to play with the make files.

> In general, I guess I'm asking how to merge in new code that uses
> threads, while using only one thread for freeradius services.

  I'm not sure why having one thread for FreeRADIUS would be a
requirement.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html