I can explain my problem a little bit detail, with my new test module.
the module name is rlm_pp
the radiusd.conf has :
modules{
    pp {
        dbhome = ${localstatedir}/db
    }
}
authorize {
    pp
}
authenticate {
    Auth-Type PP {
        pp
    }

the rlm_pp.c has the next code:

        check_pairs = request->config_items;

        reply = pairmake("Auth-Type", "PP", T_OP_SET);
        pairadd(&check_pairs, reply);

And the output from radiusd -X shows :
modcall: group authorize returns ok
auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
request: Rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.

if I add the nex code to rlm_pp.c -

        strncpy(passwd_item->strvalue,
request->password->strvalue,MAX_STRING_LEN - 1);
        passwd_item->length =
                (request->password->length > (MAX_STRING_LEN - 1)) ?
(MAX_STRING_LEN - 1) : request->password->length;
        pairadd(&request->config_items,passwd_item);

I have next output -

modcall: group authorize returns ok
auth: type Local
auth: user supplied User-Password matches local User-Password

 pp_authenticate defined in the rlm_pp.c

Any idea?

Gregory G. V.
or previous employers.

According Isham Research's Devil's IT Dictionary mainframe is:
"an obsolete device still used by thousands of obsolete companies
serving billions of obsolete customers and making huge obsolete profits
for their obsolete shareholders.
And this year's run twice as fast as last year's."

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html