Hi All,

My apologies if this is off-topic, but I believe many on this list will be able to provide an answer.

I would like to add some security to our WirelessLan, specifically by implementing a VPN. From what I've read, most people who are doing this are using a Radius server in conjunction with some form of VPN software.

From initial testing/reading, I understand the authentication to the Radius server is simply the mac address of the machine to be authenticated. Now I'm presuming that after this authentication takes place, the user is somehow directed to log-in to a VPN? I guess I"m unsure of the physical (and I suppose the logical) connections between all the boxes.

Questions arise:
- How does the Radius server, once it authenticates a user, direct that user through the VPN?
- What is the physical layout of connections. Is the Radius server part of the VPN?
- On another side note, can the VPN client login be done via web browser rather than a piece of client software?

Any info/links provided would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Matt