Pieter Droogendijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The solution we came up with, in the first place, was to disable the
> password authentication. The new systems (which use freeradius)
> however, should include authentication as well. But since the
> overall timeout is only 6 seconds, and the LDAP gets some extreme
> loads at certain times, we can't reach that.

  Then I would suggest upgrading the machine running the LDAP server.

  The alternative, if the per-user LDAP configuration is *very*
simple, is to write a 'cache' module, which will cache
username/passwords, so that the LDAP server isn't hammered.

> What I need is something in between the two solutions; REJECT if the
> authorization takes longer then X seconds, ACCEPT if the password
> authentication takes longer then Y seconds,

  Authentication is taking 2 seconds, against the LDAP server?
There's GOT to be a better way...

> or send an ACCEPT or REJECT according to succesful authorization and
> authentication responses, where X+Y<6.

  That's a horrendously evil hack, and I would strongly advise against
it.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html