Several people have reported this error and one received two responses.
Both responses said to increase the number of sockets.  I tried that
over 4 months ago, and we still get this error.  Also, once we start
getting the error on one radius server, the NAS's switch to using the other
radius server and then it will start failing the same way.  They never seem
to recover until the radius server is killed and restarted.  I also cannot
seem to set the number of sql "threads" high enough to prevent it.  Any
idea what is really happening?

We are running radiusd (don't remember how to determine the version) on
FreeBSD 4.7 and 5.0.  Also, we are using mysql on a third machine.
I suspected the mysql for a while, but we cannot find anything wrong with
it.

Any ideas?

--
Michael P. Brininstool                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]