hi

eap/md5 is no more available for wireless connections under windows xp
since sp1. win2k i don't know, it's probably the same. that is
principally independent on the DLINK driver.

on the other hand, peap is not yet supported by freeradius for as far as
i know.

you can use eap/tls and cisco leap instead (proprietary cisco client
supplied with cisco cards). tls faq document is linked from the
freeradius site.

ciao
artur

--