On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 04:27:05PM +0200, Michael Davidson wrote:
> > thanks but the problem is that I'm using the nokia p022 access controller
> > that don't use Pap but normal radius.
> > So in authorize I use sql but in authtntication I use local.
> > What can I use for md5?
> Hi, I think we are all going in different directions with this one.
>
>       "that don't use Pap but normal radius."
>
>  What do you mean by "normal radius" ? what are you expecting?

Yep, you are right...

Mr. Pioli seems not to know where to put which protocol.

PAP and CHAP are authetication schemes of PPP, which is done between
CPE (the 'modem') and NAS (the nokia in this case).

PAP transfers a username and a password clear text over the PPP
connection, CHAP transfers a station name and a encrypted string over
the PPP connection.

RADIUS is a protocol in which the NAS (nokia) talks to the AAA server
(freeradius). The AAA server has to have some data about the user
(username and password). Normally the password is encrypted (except
with CHAP, cause chap needs a clear text password) in local storage.
This can be done with many different methods.

So the question is: where would he like to use MD5? to encrypt the
password on the AAA server or does the nokia nas talk some strange
protocol which uses MD5 encryption (I bet it's the first one)?

Oliver.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html