Dave Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I agree it would be best if the EAP sub-modules could return RLM_MODULE
> codes.  However, I didnt want to do anything to rlm_eap that would break
> the other sub-modules.  Currently, the rlm_eap_* authenticate functions
> return 1 for EAP_OK and 0 for EAP_INVALID.  My thought was to add a
> third return code (2?) for EAP_HANDLED (a new enum value in rlm_eap.h).

  Broken code should not be preserved.

>  This would require changes in eap.c, and a patch in eap_authenticate to
> return RLM_MODULE_HANDLED in that case.  The downside is that we'll have
> three different sets of return codes where we really only need one (the
> RLM_MODULE codes) but the other code is preserved that way.

  Exactly.  Submit a patch to fix rlm_eap (and associated files) in
CVS, to use the RLM_MODULE_* names, and another to process the HANDLED
return code, EVEN IF the existing code in rlm_eap doesn't use it.

  This could go in before 0.9, in which case you wouldn't have to
worry about keeping up to date with later versions.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html