Hi Tim,
Try adding the following to your CISCO.

ip name-server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (ip of your dns server)

or

async-bootp dns-server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (ip of your dns server)

I use both, but on different NAS boxes that do different
types of service.

Mike

P.S.
check out this clip from another message...

--------------------Start Clip------------

In ancient days, we implemented support for the RFC-1877
IPCP DNS server option by taking the addresses from the
"ip name-server" values. We never documented this however;
our first documented support of RFC-1877 was via
"async-bootp {dns-server|nbns-server}".

For a time both "async-bootp" and "ip name-server" worked
to supply DNS server addresses, with the former taking precedence.

Recently "ip name-server" stopped working for this function.
I'm not sure when - maybe at the time when "ppp ipcp dns-server"
was implemented? We discussed this issue a bit internally
recently, and decided that, since we never documented this
use of "ip name-server", we're better off with it not being
used for IPCP.

So: use "async-bootp" or "ppp ipcp" to configure your
RFC-1877 DNS addresses ... but if you're using "ip name-server"
for this with some older IOS, you should be aware that this is apt
to stop working when you upgrade.

As far as Chip's query about which is more efficient of the two
supported methods ... both are quite efficient, no need to worry
there. I guess I'd use "async-bootp" since it's global, unless
I had to specify different values on a per-interface basis, in
which case I'd use "ppp ipcp".

I should mention while I'm at it that there are OTHER ways to
get the DNS/WINS addresses into IPCP: you can proxy them from a
(possibly local) DHCP server, or you can get them from AAA.

Have fun,

Aaron

---