>> hi all
>>I posted a question regarding checkval module, but i got no response from
>> anyone.
>>
>> Iam posting the question again on the list. Hope I a reply this time. This
is
>> my question:
>>
>> 1) First of all, is it correct to say that checkval only checks for the=20
>> attributes it can extract from the NAS(access point).
>
>It checks attributes it finds in the access-request with attributes it gets
>from
>the check items (config items) list.
>

>> 2) Then can i modify checkval to say, call a function in it, this function
w=
>> ill=20
>> process on the various data elements in the LDAP entry for the user and t=
>> hen=20
>> accept or reject or simply send a message.
>
>Without code patches no. In any case why? You can just extract the data
>elements
>in the ldap module and make them available as check items to the checkval
>module.
>

>> 3) And last and equally important as the two above, what's the call-flow
of=20
>> checkval, how does it work.
>
>Read the code.
>
>In any case you haven't told us anything about what exactly you are trying to
>do. That would make both our lifes and yours much easier.
>

>> thanks
>>
>> Reddy ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

this is what i want to do.

I may have to authenticate a user based on some attributes not present in the
access request. For example expiration date,time etc for which i need to
access the time and date of the system and this is not present in the request.

Also I need a module (this could be checkval) to bring up the services (could
be anything like notepad,a message box etc) from the LDAP before sending the
authentication to the user. For this the module has to look into the LDAP
entry of the user find the services and bring it up along with the network
connection.

Hope Iam clear this time.

Reddy ([EMAIL PROTECTED])