Hi,

I just installed freeradius 0.9 pre1 with postgresql and rlm_ippool.
I have to migrate tonight so this is an urgent request

I have a Cisco AS5300 and here is what I would like  to do:

1. Assign public dynamic ip pool say from 1.1.1.1 to 1.1.1.254

2. Assign private dynamic ip pool say from 172.16.1.1 to 172.16.1.254

So I am trying to setup rlm_ippool.

Here is what I have so far:

in radiusd.conf

ippool public_pool {

                range-start = 1.1.1.1
                range-stop = 1.1.1.254
                netmask = 255.255.255.0
                cache-size = 255
                session-db = ${raddbdir}/db.ippool
                ip-index = ${raddbdir}/db.ipindex
                override = no
}

ippool private_pool {

                range-start = 172.16.1.1
                range-stop = 172.16.1.254
                netmask = 255.255.255.0
                cache-size = 255
                session-db = ${raddbdir}/db.ippool
                ip-index = ${raddbdir}/db.ipindex
                override = no
}

In radgroupcheck, I have:

groupname                  | attribute       | op |   value
publicgroup                  | Pool-Name | :=  |  public_pool
privategroup                 | Pool-Name | :=  |  private_pool

In radgroupreply : what do I put exactly to tell my cisco what IP address is
assigned

Basically, I am lacking documentation here - Can someone give a sample
configuration
on what I have to put exactly in my freeradius config as well as my cisco
config.

Thanks in advance for you help

Mohsen