Hello Peter,

> A similar problem exists in the kerberos module.
> I expect we will have these issues sorted out for version 1.0 (or ever
> version 0.9.1)
>
> Send me a patch that works and I will test it :-)

Here is the patch for rlm_counter/configure.in . I retested it with
freeradius-0.9.0-pre3.

# Copy patch to src/modules/rlm_counter and cd to directory.
patch < freeradius-rlm_counter.patch

# I don't know how the freeradius build process works. But somewhen before shipping
# you must recreate the configure script. For example, with current autoconf:
autoconf -I ../../..

With this patch I see while doing ./configure

checking for gdbm.h... no
checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm... yes
checking for gdbm_fdesc... no
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_counter.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_counter requires:  gdbm.h.
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged

And while doing make:

make[6]: Entering directory `/home/chris/freeradius-0.9.0-pre1/src/modules/rlm_c
ounter'
make[6]: Nothing to be done for `static'.
make[6]: Nothing to be done for `dynamic'.
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/freeradius-0.9.0-pre1/src/modules/rlm_counter'

Looks good for me.

I know there are a lot more "configure" related problems in current freeradius. You
mentioned you wanted to sort them out, so here is my list:

rlm_ippool
Needs gdbm.h

rlm_ldap
Needs ldap.h from OpenLDAP. Solaris ldap.h  fails to meet the requirements. The
configure script should check for OpenLDAP specialities like LDAPS_PORT ,
LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_HARD , LDAP_OPT_NETWORK_TIMEOUT , LDAP_OPT_X_TLS .

rlm_eap
Needs ltdl.h

rlm_sql
Needs ltdl.h

Bye,
  Christian

--
cityweb DSL start ab monatlich 3,49 Euro *** http://www.cityweb.de/dsl ***
Sekundenschneller Seitenaufbau, Downloads, Videos und vieles mehr. Mit