>Kirt Runolfson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I really don't want these x packages installed on my radius server.
>> Since I don't intend to use odbc, how can I remove the dependency on
>> libiodbc2?  Or is my best bet some other method?

>Alan DeKok wrote:
>  Don't configure the sql module to use iodbc, and it won't be linked
>against.

Thank you for the response Alan.  I tried using the --without-rlm_sql
configure option in the debian/rules script, but that broke the package
build.

A previous thread mentioned breaking off the rlm stuff into Yet Another
debian package.  There are cons to this, but I think in this case, the
pros out weigh the cons.  As it is now, just installing freeradius wants
to install 17.5 MB worth of packages on a woody server and pulls all
sorts of X packages:

 freeradius libfreetype6 libglib1.2 libgtk1.2 libgtk1.2-common libiodbc2
 libltdl3 libsnmp-base libsnmp4.2 xfree86-common xlibs
0 packages upgraded, 11 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 6590kB of archives. After unpacking 17.6MB will be used.

One other option might be to compile sid's libiodbc2 for woody as well,
since it does not have the x dependencies.

Please cc me in any response as I am not on the list yet.

-Kirt

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html